JC Crew is a youth service team that will work in praying, planning, preparing, and presenting Junior Church.
JC Crew is a team that requires great commitment. It is open to students in 4th – 6th grades who desire to serve the Lord with dedication and who seek to be discipled and trained in their faith.
JC Crew members will:
- Be servant-leaders among their peers
- Be welcoming and friendly to everyone in Junior Church
- Be willing to work and serve in any way needed in Junior Church
Requirements for JC Crew members
- Must be willing to invest time in their spiritual growth
- Must be Faithful, Available, and Teachable
- Must be faithful in Bible School and worship attendance
- Must set an example in participation, enthusiasm, obedience, and respect, including:
- Bring your Bible and use it in Bible school and Jr. Church each week
- Follow your teacher’s directions
- Follow classroom rules: be a good listener, do not talk without permission, do not interrupt, stay in your seat
- Do not ask to go to the restroom or to get water once Jr. Church has begun
- Sit with new students or younger students and help them by being friendly, participating, sharing your Bible, and helping find verses
- Set an example by participating in everything we do in Jr. Church
- JC Crew members should not need to be corrected during Jr. Church. If you do, we need to reconsider your being part of JC Crew.
- If a JC Crew member is going above and beyond expectations in your service, you will receive a commendation. Your faithful service is appreciated very much.
JC Crew members will commit to:
- Attend Junior Church faithfully
- Consistently live up to the qualities listed on this page
- Attend monthly JC Crew meetings after church until 3:00 (lunch included, cost $3)
- Attend special JC Crew outings. (These are rewards for good work!)
Application process to become a JC Crew member:
- Complete the JC Crew application and make 2 more copies of the reference form
- Provide three references: A parent, a Bible School teacher, and another Christian adult
- Memorize Romans 12:11, the JC Crew theme verse. (See top of this page)
Many boys and girls at this age do not have the level of concentration, the ability to stay on task, and the desire to do as much hard work as JC Crew requires. There will be other ways for those children to serve in children’s ministry.
Bible School for Preschool
Children 2-4 year olds will learn about God while singing songs, using flannel boards during lessons, praying and will complete activities that stem from the weekly Bible lesson.
Kindergarten- 5th Grade
Sound Bible teaching in warm, friendly classrooms by teachers who love God and children. During our Bible School hour, kids will dive deep into the Word of God using an edited version of the Answers in Genesis curriculum. This curriculum goes from cover to cover in the Bible, teaching the importance of God’s Word in every aspect of our lives.
Children’s Worship Hour is for children that are 2-years-old-5th Grade. During this hour, children will have a lesson, play a game and participate in worship.
The memory station is a place where elementary students may visit and recite memory work each Sunday. Students earn Fairmount Shares for what they recite as well as for bringing their Bibles to church. Once a month, we open a Shares Store where students can redeem their shares for various items. Click here for details on the Treasures in Heaven program!