In 2015, Fairmount Christian Church chartered our very own American Heritage Girl’s troop -Troop VA2015! American Heritage Girls is a Christ-centered scouting program. The emphasis of AHG is to help foster character, spiritual, and social development in young girls, and also to help them learn life and leadership skills, learn to work as a part of a team, and to build confidence. (American Heritage Girls picture gallery)
As an American Heritage Girl, I promise to be:
- Compassionate - Understanding others in fellowship, empathy, kindness, and caring. Respect others' opinions and emotions.
- Helpful - Willingly serve others.
- Honest - Always tell the truth and keep my promise.
- Loyal - True to God, family, friends, community and country.
- Perseverant - Continuing to strive toward a goal despite obstacles.
- Pure - Keep my mind and body pure.
- Resourceful - Wisely use my time, materials and talents.
- Respectful - Honor my country, be obedient to those in authority and courteous to all.
- Responsible - Accountable for my own actions. Reliable in all situations.
- Reverent - Faithful and honoring to God. Respectful to the beliefs of others.
In 2018, Fairmount Christian Church chartered a Trail Life USA troop! Trail Life USA is a Christ-centered outdoor adventure, leadership, and character development ministry. Our Mission is to guide generations of courageous young men to honor God, lead with integrity, serve others, and experience outdoor adventure. Our vision is to be the premier national character development organization for young men which produces Godly and responsible husbands, fathers, and citizens.
Statement of Faith
We believe there is One Triune God – God the Father; Jesus Christ, His one and only Son; and the Holy Spirit – Creator of the universe and eternally existent. We believe the Holy Scriptures (Old and New Testaments) to be the inspired and authoritative Word of God. We believe each person is created in His image for the purpose of communing with and worshiping God. We believe in the ministry of the Holy Spirit, Who enables us to live godly lives. We believe each of us is called to love the Lord our God with all our heart, mind, soul, and strength, and to love our neighbors as ourselves. We believe God calls us to lives of purity, service, stewardship and integrity.
Statement of Values
Purity // God calls us to lives of holiness, being pure of heart, mind, word and deed. We are to reserve sexual activity for the sanctity of marriage, a lifelong commitment before God between a man and a woman.
Service // God calls us to become responsible members of our community and the world through selfless acts that contribute to the welfare of others.
Stewardship // God calls us to use our God-given time, talents, and money wisely.
Integrity // God calls us to live moral lives that demonstrate an inward motivation to do what is biblically right regardless of the cost.
On my honor,
I will do my best
To serve God and my country;
To respect authority;
To be a good steward of creation; And to treat others
as I want to be treated.
Fairmount Christian Church Trail Life USA Board
Institutional Head- Rick Raines
Charter Representative- Ashley Sears
Troop Master- Doni Grande
Committee Chair- Kevin Hopkins
Chaplain- Ryan Nelson
Treasurer- Kathie Barnes
Advancement Chair- TBD
Membership Chair- TBD
Outdoor/Activity Chair- TBD
Secretary- Sherri Fadool
We desire for Fairmount to be a place where everyone can have an opportunity to worship; this includes children with special needs and their families. We have programs in place to allow children with disabilities to learn about the Bible and our amazing God while their parents attend a worship service or Bible school class.
Our Special Needs ministry has two components:
- We have a Bible school class specifically for children with special needs called Forever Friends. Click here for more information on the Forever Friends class!
- We also have mentors who will serve as a one-on-one assistant with your child in their age appropriate classroom.
Forever Friends is our self-contained Bible school class with a two-fold purpose - to teach the children about Jesus in a safe and loving environment and to allow their parents to attend worship.
In this class Bible lessons are taught through teacher directed- centers. The activities at each center vary depending on the child’s ability. The centers include, prayer, a Bible lesson, and hands-on-activities. The class time also includes some group activities, play time, and sensory activities.