In 2015, Fairmount Christian Church chartered our very own American Heritage Girl’s troop -Troop VA2015! American Heritage Girls is a Christ-centered scouting program. The emphasis of AHG is to help foster character, spiritual, and social development in young girls, and also to help them learn life and leadership skills, learn to work as a part of a team, and to build confidence. (American Heritage Girls picture gallery)
As an American Heritage Girl, I promise to be:
- Compassionate - Understanding others in fellowship, empathy, kindness, and caring. Respect others' opinions and emotions.
- Helpful - Willingly serve others.
- Honest - Always tell the truth and keep my promise.
- Loyal - True to God, family, friends, community and country.
- Perseverant - Continuing to strive toward a goal despite obstacles.
- Pure - Keep my mind and body pure.
- Resourceful - Wisely use my time, materials and talents.
- Respectful - Honor my country, be obedient to those in authority and courteous to all.
- Responsible - Accountable for my own actions. Reliable in all situations.
- Reverent - Faithful and honoring to God. Respectful to the beliefs of others.
I promise to love God,
cherish my family,
honor my country,
and serve in my community.
AHG Statement of Faith
AHG American Heritage Girls is a Christ-centered leadership and character development ministry. The following Statement of Faith applies to all American Heritage Girls Charter Organizations and Adult Members.
"We believe that there is one Triune God – Father; Jesus Christ, His one and only Son; and the Holy Spirit – Creator of the universe and eternally existent. We believe the Holy Scriptures (Old and New Testaments) to be the inspired and authoritative Word of God. We believe each person is created in His image for the purpose of communing with and worshipping God. We believe in the ministry of the Holy Spirit, Who enables us to live Godly lives. We believe that each of us as an individual is called to love the Lord our God with all our heart, mind, soul, and strength; and collectively to love our neighbors as ourselves. We believe God calls us to lives of purity, service, stewardship, and integrity."
Clarity is further provided to the following terms:
- Purity - God calls us to lives of holiness, being pure of heart, mind, word, and deed. We are to reserve sexual activity to the sanctity of marriage, a lifelong commitment before God between a man and a woman.
- Service - God calls us to become responsible members of our community and the world through selfless acts that contribute to the welfare of others.
- Stewardship - God calls us to use our God-given time, talents, and money wisely.
- Integrity - God calls us to live moral lives that demonstrate an inward motivation to do what is right, regardless of the cost.
"Building women of integrity through service to God, family, community and country"
American Heritage Girls is the premier national character development organization for young women that embraces Christian values and encourages family involvement.
- Pathfinder: Ages 5-6
The Pathfinder Level is intended to give a girl a chance to try out the AHG Program and learn more about it. A Pathfinder girl earns necklace beads for attendance, participation and Bible verse memorization while learning the four parts of the AHG Oath. She may earn the Fanny Crosby Award upon completion of this Level.
- Tenderheart: Ages 6-9
A Tenderheart earns Badges and Sports Pins in any of the six Frontiers of Skill and receives activity patches for participating in Troop activities or special events. She may earn the Sacagawea Award for achieving the highest level of skill and service at this Level. Blue Service Stars are awarded for every 5 hours of community service.
- Explorer: Ages 9-12
An Explorer earns Badges and Sports Pins in any of the six Frontiers of Skill and receives activity patches for participating in Troop activities or special events. She may earn the Lewis and Clark Award for achieving the highest level of skill and service at this Level. Red Service Stars are awarded for every 10 hours of community service. Explorers are allowed to participate in overnight camping events.
- Pioneer: Ages 12-14
A Pioneer continues to earn Badges, Sports Pins, Service Stars and activity patches. She may earn the Harriet Tubman Award for achieving the highest level of skill and service at this Level. White Service Stars are awarded for every 15 hours of community service. A Pioneer is also eligible for the roles of Camp or Event Aide. The Pioneer Level is where girls really begin to show leadership skills by assisting their leaders with planning, organizing and staffing special events for AHG in the community or within their Troop.
- Patriot- Ages 14-18
Patriot is the highest Program Level in AHG. A Patriot still earns Badges, Sports Pins, Service Stars and activity patches. She may earn the Dolley Madison Award for achieving the highest level of skill and service at this Level. Yellow Service Stars are awarded for every 20 hours of community service. Patriot girls plan and carry out activities with Unit Leaders who function as “facilitators”, allowing girls to make decisions on a regular basis.